Squamish Windsports Society Soft Opening
May 10, 2023
The wind is here! And the Squamish Windsports Society is working hard to ensure our riders have access to water to start the season.
- We will soft open operations for the next two weekends only as we work on permanent access from the new Spit Road end. In the meantime, Squamish Watersports is offering use of their dock in the Blind Channel to shuttle people to the island.
- May 13-14
- May 20-22
- Weekday shuttles and jet ski retrievals will not be offered during the week of May 15. We are working hard to open full time operations as quickly as possible.
Our friends and partners at Squamish Watersports have generously offered the use of their dock for us to run the SWS shuttles starting when the wind picks up this weekend.
- Weekend hours will be 11AM-6PM.
On May 13th, Squamish Watersports has generously offered to put on a BBQ for the windsports community starting at 5pm at their base in the Blind Channel
Before you ride to the island with us this season:
- Have your Pass ready on your phone, in your digital wallet (see your confirmation email for details)
- Season Pass holders only, please upload a selfie to your pass
- Pack light and keep room for others
- Bring a smile and a high five for Jack and the operations team
- Wait times will be longer than normal, but we are stoked to be able to get access open.
- Parking is limited. Plan to drop your gear off then find parking downtown or at Howe Sound High School.