DATE CHANGE - Spit Appreciation Day
August 7, 2021
With the much needed rain here we have moved the Spit Appreciation day to Saturday, August 21.
We know how important the Spit is to the Windsport community but it is an important part of the entire Squamish community. We are hosting a Spit Appreciation Day to bring together the entire community for a fun-filled event that embraces all that access to this special place has to offer.
Invite your neighbors, your cousins, or your boss, the more the merrier as the tide will be VERY low that day and we will be set up on the sandbar. We want people that don't come out on a regular basis to see why this is such an amazing location for the community.
Join us on Saturday, Aug 21st from 11:00 - 2:00
Here are some of the fun things we have planned for the event:
- 11ish Official welcome from a Squamish Nation
- 11-2 Welcome table with an 8-foot poster for colouring and signing
- 11-2 Lions BBQ
- 11-2 Booza Rolls Ice cream truck
- 11-2 Coastal Stoke Sups for people to learn more about SUP
- 11-2 Trainer kite for people to learn about flying kites
- 11-2 Bocci and other games on the sandbar
- 12-1 Sandcastle competition
- 1:30-2 Windsport demonstrations
Please RSVP so we know how much food we need!
This may be the last year with road access to this area and we want the entire community to enjoy this special place before it's too late.
Want to learn more about what's happening? Check out www.realignnotremove.ca