2021 COVID-19 Protocols
April 28, 2021
The SWS has worked with the District of Squamish and the Vancouver Coastal Health Authority to create a plan that allows the return to windsports in a safe manner.
The spread of COVID-19 is unlikely during the practice of open-air sports and windsports in particular because we enjoy the windy conditions and are able to ride far from each other. But extreme care is still needed and we all have to take and show new responsibilities as a united windsport community.
Members-only access at this time. Membership sales are now available and must be purchased online prior to arriving at The Spit
SWS Site Protocol
- SAFETY - Masks will be required in the Lineup and when Checking in. Masks will not be required in the land/launch area. Once the Spit has reached its 20 person capacity, people arriving will be instructed to line up in the turnaround by SWS staff.
- LAND/LAUNCH - Individual Land/Launch zones will be identified on each carpet.
- NO SURFACE CONTACT - Do not share your gear and keep your parked gear at least 2m from others. Check out the new land and launch plan for The Spit.
- SOCIAL DISTANCING - A maximum of 20 sailors will be allowed on the Spit at one time. There is no limit to the number of people on the water. Once on the water ride far from others to prevent crowding.
- GET IN/ GET OUT - It's important that members are ready before checking in. Do not stay on the Spit chatting with your friends, as soon as you have landed you need to pack up and leave the Spit.
- NO DOGS - Normally we allow people to have their dogs at the Spit so long as they are tied up. Until further notice, no dogs will be allowed on the Spit to minimize time people are spending there and that there is more space for social distancing.
- FUN - Have fun and enjoy while our windsports are allowed. Don’t do anything reckless that might impair others’ ability to get out and have some fun.