Please be courteous and respect the safety of other users by following the guidelines below. Use these facilities and the site at your own risk.
- All participants must buy a season membership or pay a day use fee (see site attendant).
- Be aware of people landing and launching kites. Assist whenever possible.
- Keep walkways and the launch/land zone clear.
- Use the following hand signals to communicate when launching or landing:
- Pump up your kite in the rigging zone.
- When you are dressed and ready to launch, move your kite to a vacant launching spot and rig your lines.
- When safe, launch immediately.
NOTE: unattended kites will be deflated and lines wrapped up by SWS staff.
ON THE WATER PROTOCOLS
- Be respectful, pay attention, and obey the following right-of-way guidelines:
- Avoid collisions at all costs.
- Keep out of the way of riders in the water.
- Avoid novice riders, kite school boats, and freighters or tugs.
- Boards on Port Tack (left hand forward) give way to boards on Starboard Tack (right hand forward).
- When two boards are on the same tack the upwind board must keep clear of the downwind board.
- Do not kite near the launch/land zone unless you are launching or landing.
- Always look around or shoulder check before turning or jumping, and make sure the downwind area is clear.
- Notify SWS staff if someone needs help.
- If the launch/land zone is crowded please head out and come back to land when clear.
- Indicate that you want to land your kite with a head pat. If necessary, call out for assistance.
- Wrap up your lines immediately upon landing.
- Move your kite to the rigging zone, deflate it, and store it in the equipment zone.